VillageOSHC provides high-quality outsourced before and after care services to schools, parents and children (referred to as our “Services”). To provide these Services we collect, store and use personal information. We are committed to clear and secure data privacy principles, which are outlined below.
How Information is Shared with Third Parties
We will only provide your personal information to third parties:
- with your consent;
- where it is needed to carry out your instructions;
- as reasonably needed to provide you with Services;
- as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation; or
- as needed to enforce our Terms or protect the rights, property or safety of VillageOSHC, our customers and the public
- as part of a sale or change in control of VillageOSHC Pty Ltd, its shareholders or a subsidiary or division.
Personal information provided to VillageOSHC is controlled by VillageOSHC Pty. Ltd, 30-32 Hull Street, Richmond Victoria 3121 Australia ABN 94 641 222 022.
Access to your data is password-protected and we offer secure https access to the website. To protect data stored on our servers, we regularly monitor for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. The internet is not a 100% secure environment and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information that you submit to us. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your sign-in information.
We may share your personal information with other VillageOSHC affiliates as necessary to provide you with services.
We collect information:
- when you enrol on our Portal (or via a paper enrolment form),
- when you make a booking for your child(ren) to attend a child care session,
- when interacting with the Department of Education Child Care Management System to determine your eligibility to certain child care related benefits,
- when you update the details held for you and your child(ren), and
- at other times when we believe it is reasonable to do so.
Personal information we collect:
- Your registration details including email and chosen password, so that you can use our Portal.
- Your contact details including address and phone number, so that we can contact you in regard to our Services.
- Details required to determine eligibility to Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) when interacting with the Department of Education and Training’s Child Care Management System (CCMS), such as Date of Birth and CRN for you and your child(ren).
- Your bank account or credit card details, so that we can deduct payments from you for use of the Services. Credit card details are stored by an external Level 1 PCI compliant vendor.
- Information about your child(ren), including any medical action plans, so that they can attend a child care session.
- Emergency contact details, so that they can be contacted in your absence.
Collection of Device and Network Information:
When you visit or leave our site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed. We also receive the IP address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details and your type of web browser and ISP. If using a mobile device, we receive your device details including its identifier, operating system and mobile carrier.
- A cookie is a small file placed onto your device. Cookies allow us to identify your device and enable us to customise your experience.
- You can change your browser settings if you don’t want to receive cookies. Our website might not work properly without cookies.
- Analytics companies may also place cookies on your machine so please read their privacy policies to ensure your comfort.
Cookies We Use
- VillageOSHC uses persistent cookies and session cookies.
- A persistent cookie is set once signed in to your account. When you next visit our website using the same device, the cookie enables us to recognize you as an existing user, potentially removing the need to sign in before using our services.
- A session cookie identifies a particular visit to our website. Session cookies expire after a short time period or when you close your web browser.
When We Set Cookies
We may set cookies when you visit villageoshc.com.au or our Portal. Any third-party running content on the page you visit may also a cookie at this time.
Cookies can accomplish many tasks, including recognising you when you visit our site, storing your preferences and improving your user experience. Cookies also make your interactions with us faster, more secure and more personalised.
Most browsers allow you to control cookies. Limiting the ability of our website to set cookies may worsen your overall user experience.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your information to provide our Services, to communicate with you and to ensure we can collect payments from you for use of our Services.
Your Choices and Obligations
You can manage your information at any time within your account. You can also ask us for additional information we may have about your account, and you can ask us to delete your account.
We retain personal information you provide while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. We may retain this information after you request deleting your account if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with legal and other obligations.