These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply between you and VillageOSHC Pty Ltd when you use VillageOSHC’s Services including Before School Care, After School Care and/or Vacation Care Programs. You must read and agree to these Terms before using VillageOSHC’s services.
- You must disclose all relevant information about your child in the Enrolment Application.
- All information you provide to VillageOSHC must be true and correct and you undertake to immediately inform the service in the event of any changes to this information.
- You authorise staff, in the event of accident or illness, to obtain all necessary medical assistance and treatment for your child and agree to meet any expenses attached to such treatment.
- You give permission for VillageOSHC staff to administer appropriate medical attention and first aid for your child in an emergency.
- If your child has a medical condition, dietary requirement or any other additional need, you are responsible for providing an Action Plan and/or supporting documentation to VillageOSHC, prior to your child’s attendance at the service.
- You must provide your own Epipen at the VillageOSHC service if your child has a medical action plan that requires an Epipen to be administered.
- You must provide Ventolin to the VillageOSHC service if your child is diagnosed as having asthma.
- You acknowledge that your child can not attend the program if suffering from an infectious or contagious disease, and you will not attempt to make your child attend in such circumstances.
- You agree to collect or make arrangements for the collection of your child at your own expense if he/she becomes unwell at the service.
- You authorise staff to apply sunscreen to your child if you do not provide such.
- You understand that VillageOSHC staff do not supervise your child until they are signed into the service.
- You understand that VillageOSHC staff do not supervise your child after they have been signed out of the service by a parent/guardian/authorised person.
- VillageOSHC accepts no liability for personal injury, property damage, personal items (such as spectacles, jewellery and electronic devices) or loss sustained by any participant as a result of his or her participation in the Before School Care, After School Care, Pupil Free Day, and/or Vacation Care Programs due to any cause whatsoever unless caused by proven negligence of VillageOSHC, its directors or employees.
- If your child continuously demonstrates inappropriate behaviour after guidance procedures have been followed, you will be notified and your child may be removed from the program.
- You give permission for your child to participate in activities organised for the days your child will be attending, including watching G rated movies.
- You can grant and withdraw permission for your children to leave the premises to participate in activities as indicated in the Program and supervised by VillageOSHC staff. The granting of permission is done at time of enrolment and you can change this permission within your parent portal account or by notifying us. Unless you notify us otherwise, you grant permission for your child to leave the premises to participate in activities as indicated in the Program and supervised by VillageOSHC staff.
- You understand that Excursions and transport are subject to cancellation or alteration in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors which may arise that are beyond VillageOSHC’s control.
- On Excursion Days, failure to drop off your child(ren) by the specified time may result in non-participation of the VillageOSHC Vacation Care program on that day, and there are strictly no refunds or cancellations.
- VillageOSHC retains the right to use for publicity and advertising purposes, photographs / video footage of participants taken at the VillageOSHC program. Please inform the Service Coordinator if you do not wish for your child’s image to be used in this manner.
- You agree to pay for all of the days your child is successfully booked in (and not cancelled within the relevant time frame), regardless of whether your child actually attends. Cancellations to any booking must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled date of attendance. Otherwise full fees apply (relevant fee relief will still apply up to 42 times per year).
- Refunds or credits are not issued in the case of illness.
- VillageOSHC will only consider special requests for refunds or credits on compassionate grounds, if made in writing (email acceptable) within 24 hours of the absence. VillageOSHC is under no obligation to refund or credit families for any session a child did not attend when booked.
- Children with additional needs must be booked into a service more than two weeks in advance to ensure funding and additional staffing needs can be met. Children with additional needs not booked within the relevant time period may not be able to use the nominated service.
- All Before School Care, After School Care, Pupil Free Day, and Vacation Care services must be booked and paid via LookedAfter (https://villageoshc.lookedafter.com), our booking and attendance system. You cannot use VillageOSHC’s services if you do not agree to abide by LookedAfter terms and conditions including payment terms.
- Non payment of program fees may result in your child’s exclusion from VillageOSHC’s services.
- You understand that your child can attend the VillageOSHC service only after you completed your enrolment via LookedAfter, including adding sufficient emergency contacts, disclosing all relevant child conditions, and providing valid payment information.
- You will incur a late pickup fee if you collect your child after the scheduled finishing time. Please refer to the fee schedule.
- A late payment fee will apply for each week that your account remains unpaid as per LookedAfter’s terms and conditions.
- If your LookedAfter account is transferred to a debt collection agency because of outstanding debt, you may not be able to attend VillageOSHC’s services in future.
- If your LookedAfter account remains unpaid, or for other reasons that VillageOSHC decides upon at its sole discretion, you may not be able to attend VillageOSHC’s services in future. VillageOSHC is not responsible for any costs or inconvenience you incur as a result of being unable to attend VillageOSHC’s services.
- All information you provide to VillageOSHC regarding entitlement to child care benefits must be true and correct and consistent with the information you provide to Centrelink.
- You are responsible for communicating with Centrelink to determine and obtain child care benefit entitlements. Until we can verify your entitlement to child care benefits, you are responsible for paying full fees for use of the Service.
VillageOSHC reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time at its discretion. Changes to Terms will be published on the VillageOSHC website. Your continued use of VillageOSHC’s services indicates your agreement to the latest Terms.
- Cancellation: Bookings cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the session start time will incur no penalty. Bookings cancelled later within 24 hours of the session start will be charged in full, less any applicable Child Care Rebate / Child Care Benefit.
- Late collection fee: $2 per minute (rounded down to whole minute) per child.
- Permanent session fee applies to bookings made at least 24 hours prior to the session start time. Casual session fee applies to bookings made within 24 hours of the session start time.
- No minimum number of bookings applies to Permanent and Casual sessions..
General Account Management Policies
1. Enrolment / Membership Fee: There is no enrolment or membership fee (annual or otherwise).
2. Card Storage: Making bookings with the childcare management software used by VillageOSHC requires a valid debit and credit card. Card payments are subject to a 1.7% surcharge.
3. You can make payments to your account via your debit or credit card, via bank account payment (surcharge free).
4. Unpaid accounts: $20 late payment fee per week. After two consecutive unpaid cycles (four weeks), your account is suspended and no further attendances can occur until the account is paid in full.
5. Debt recovery: After three consecutive unpaid cycles, accounts will be sent to a third-party debt recovery agent. In addition to the outstanding debt, an additional 25% of the outstanding debt is required to re-activate your account.
6. Price Changes: If the session price changes between booking and attendance, you will pay the session price for the applicable Fee tier as set at time of attendance. If the price has increased, you will be notified.
Last updated 14 February 2024